Published on Apr 14, 2010

    My god… the last 4 weeks were a living hell for me! I had SO much to do, because deadline was April 9th! But… what should I say? I finally managed it. At 2:30 at night on April 10th…

    And here we’re going on:

    It was a hard way to build the final version and I need 3 tries to manage this. My last solution was to take the pattern of my cosplay partner (she also did an Aion armor set) and copy this. Just the boob part was my solution, because I didn’t manage to build it out of 2 wonderflex stripes so I tried it with 4. The problem with this was that I got some ugly wonderflex borders which I covered with some pieces of friendly plastic. Then I covered the boob part with a bit of gesso and pressed the wonderflex/friendly plastic part on a solid ground to get a smooth surface. After this step I added the stripes for the back and covered everything with a lot of gesso. Finished!

    Now I built my collar out of 3 seperate patterns and the last parts, my side armor, followed.

    I have to say that I was very afraid of sewing my bodysuit but I was surprised how easy it is to work with lycra. I needed one weekend for this suit, but I am really proud on my work.

     I also planned to fix my armor with a belt system on my body, but in the end I threw this away…

    And here is a picture of my claws. I build them a second time and used leather now. It was much better than the solid wonderflex solution.

     And I finished my hip armor. A lot of fixing test followed.

     One of the hardest painting parts was my breastplate. I’m SO happy, that my boyfriend helped me out so much. So it got an awesome look despite of all of this radioactive pink…

    He he, I have to say, that my collar is one of my favorite parts of my costume. I love the little tiny wings!

    And then… after 6 months of hard work… I was done! The complete painting job was done! You don’t believe how glad and relieved i was about this!

    Now I just had to manage to fix my armor on my body. This was the most difficult step on this costume and I tried SO many methods until I found the right one!

    Someday I also had to make my wig. It was my very first try to style a wig and I was SO afraid of this, but in the end I was really satisfied with the result.

    Then followed the last week. The worst of the last cosplay year. I have never been so stressed in these days and it was just aweful to think about the coming deadline. My hole day consisted of visiting my university and finish my costume. And everytime when I thought that it’s almost done I found some new details I had to add. Normally I’m always finished some months or weeks before the first debut, but this time I had a very long last night. And finally… at 2:30 at night on April 10th it was finally done and I put it on the very first time! It was an amazing feeling and I was SO happy about first look in my mirrow. Yeah… I will never forget this moment!

    enjoyed this article?

    check this out as well!

    New helmet pattern collection!

    New helmet pattern collection!

    Helmets are fun to wear and to goof around in! So I made a new pattern collection for you! This one includes these 5 different designs: Kettle Helmet Morion Helmet Crusader Helmet Nordic Helmet Spartan Helmet All of them can be easily scaled to fit any head size and...

    I just released my latest cosplay book! 😁

    I just released my latest cosplay book! 😁

      Creating costumes and bringing characters to life requires a lot of work and a healthy dose of motivation! I often struggle with this as well! So with this book I want to share my secrets on how to finish huge projects, how to deal with tight schedules and how to...

    24h Crafting Challenge for Far Cry 6! 😱

    24h Crafting Challenge for Far Cry 6! 😱

    We took part in an exciting 24 hours crafting challenge for the release of FarCry6! Together with a bunch of German crafters and gaming influencers we created fun gadgets out of everyday household materials. Only one team could win the challenge though! I never did...

    Written by

    | Writer, Full-Time Costume Maker

    We are self-employed artists, writers and costume makers currently living in Germany. We love to help the crafting community by creating YouTube videos, writing books and by sharing the current progress of our projects on social media. In our shop you can also find crafting patterns to help you with your own projects!


    1. Thank you a lot! ^^
      I used for fixing of the very heavy parts like my wings and my hips armor two belts. It was very hard to breath with them, but this worked great! The other parts I fixed with a lot of Velcro and/or very strong magnets and I used a lot of redundancy. Some parts didn’t got the right fixing solution, because I just hadn’t enough time to make it better. But just know, that it’s very important to connect your fixing material as good as possible with your armor.

    2. *__* I really love your WIP pictures.
      Hope to see more from you ♥ by the way hwo do you fix the Wonderflex on your body?

    3. Wow, just wow.

      Cant wait to see the fully finished costume against a picture of what you were aiming towards.


    Submit a Comment

    Your email address will not be published.

    Check out our Shop

    Get a 5% Review Discount

    Leave a product review and get 5% off for your next order. Only verified reviews. Codes are sent by email.

    Help us make Videos

    Buy us a Coffee

    Everyday Cosplay Clothing

    Get my Book on Amazon

    We use Amazon Affiliate links. If you buy something we might get a small commission. Thanks for your support! Learn more.

    Favorite Tools & Materials

    Join our Community Group

    Stay up to date with our newsletter!

    Shopping Cart
    There are no products in the cart!
    Continue Shopping