In the last months I was very depressed and it’s still didn’t become better. I love cosplay so much, that preferable I want to build something new every day. But unfortunately I have so much to do because of my studies and my part time job, that I almost have no time for my costumes. So two of my projects will be not finished in time and I have to wait for a later convention to wear them. At this time I’m working on my Druid Tier 8 costume and I’m glad to show you at least some progress:

This were my first steps for my skirt. I used some furniture leather for the most parts. It has a great wild look and it’s great to work with: I soildered and painted it with Copic markers to add all of these details of my referece.

You see, these combination is really awesome and this material is just perfect for the texture looking of Blizzard’s design.

So, this is the current status of my costume and I hope to find some time to keep on working soon. I have still one month and I’m sure, I will manage this, but I hate to do something else I want to!

I’m also working ony a new staff for these project, despite of I already have a fitting weapon (Intensity). So, here you see little making of “Ony” (I don’t like it’s real name!):

This time I used only expanding foam and greyboard for it’s base form and it was a lot of fun to carve it. After this I covered everthing with crepe tape, newspaper and paper maché and polished a long time to got a smooth surface. You see, I was to lazy to use a base of greyboard or something else for the horse, so I put a lot of paper maché on the part between head and horn. But this thing is really solid now and I cannot wait to see it done!

This is the reference I have and I have to say, that I chosed it because of it’s horns. All of my Druid Tier sets had horns, so T8 need some, too! I didn’t manage her form perfect, but despite of this I’m satiesfied with my work. It’s not so important for me, to make a costume like it’s reference. I just want some fun in building of it, so I don’t care about this. You see I also chanced the colors a bit, so it will fit to my robe better.

And as you can see my staff is still in progress. I have to finish it’s paint and to build it’s button. One month left, so I cannot wait to show you the finished costume soon!

Share and discuss this on: